Ontario Construction News staff writer
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Grandview Kids have awarded a fixed-price $85.3 million contract to Children First Consortium to design, build and finance the Grandview Children’s Centre redevelopment project in Ajax.
Children First Consortium team:
- Applicant Lead: Amico Design Build Inc., Sacyr Construction S.A
- Design Team: Parkin Architects, H.H. Angus and Associates Limited
- Construction Team: Amico Design Build Inc., Sacyr Construction S.A
- Financial Advisor: Stonebridge Financial Corporation
The facility will be a “centre of excellence in children’s services”, and will include:
- centre-wide therapy services
- autism services
- preschool outreach program
- school-based rehabilitation services
- Campbell Children’s School.
Once complete, Grandview Kids will consolidate its existing main site in Oshawa and multiple satellite locations into the new purpose-built facility located on 5.06 acres of land, donated by the Town of Ajax. Grandview Kids will maintain three satellite locations in Clarington, Port Perry and Oshawa and its partnership with the Whitby Abilities Centre to reduce extensive travel times for some clients and caregivers.
Design work will begin in April this month. Children First Consortium will then mobilize on site in May and construction will begin in September 2022. Construction is expected to be complete in spring 2024.