Ontario Construction News staff writer
The Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance is bringing together industry experts in March for a series of free Dig Safe Workshops.
The half-hour long sessions will take place from 8 a.m. to noon on March 23 and 25. The sessions allow attendees to bounce in and out, to stay for as long as needed to meet individual schedule and needs.
Presenters and session topics:
- Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTS) – Excavation Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) – What Happens When There is a Conflict?
- Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) – Excess Soil Regulation
- Electrical Safety Association (ESA) – Powerline Safety – STOP LOOK LIVE
- Ontario One Call (OOC) – Digging Safe with Ontario One Call
- Centre for Advancement of Trenchless Technologies (CATT) – A Greener Future with Trenchless Technologies
- The Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) – What is the Health and Safety Excellence Program?
- Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance (ORCGA) – Update on the new Safe Excavation Training Program, Damage Prevention Technician Program, DIRT Report and excavation damage statistics.