TOWNSHIP OF TAY
REQUEST FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION SUBMISSIONS
TAY AREA WATER TREATMENT PLANT, VICTORIA HARBOUR PHASE 2 EXPANSION
The Township of Tay is requesting Pre-qualification Submissions from General Contractors wishing to be pre qualified to bid on the Tay Area Water Treatment Plant Phase 2 Expansion project.
This project has an approximate construction value of $1.7 M. It will generally consist of replacing one package sand filtration unit with one pre-purchased membrane filtration unit; adding GAC contactors for taste and odour control; upgrading the communication; upgrading the wastewater neutralization system; and all associated process piping, valves, and electrical, instrumentation and control equipment . The expansion work will be entirely within the WTP building and low lift pumping station. It will include process, structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services. It is anticipated the tender for this project will be issued to pre-qualified General Contractors in June 2020 for a closing and award of Contract in August 2020. Substantial Performance is to be achieved in February 2021.
Pre-qualification submissions shall be made on CCDC Form 11 - 2019 Contractor's Qualification Statement, and shall include all the following information (use additional forms/sheets as necessary):
- Minimum of three similar projects completed in the past five years with a construction value in excess of
$1.7 M. Include for each project.
- brief project description;
- key staff names, and their experience and role in these projects;
- original tendered prices and final contract prices;
- description and value of major Contract Change Orders issued;
- original contract Substantial Performance date and actual Substantial Performance date;
- a summary of unresolved or disputed claims;
- owner and consulting engineer references.
- Letter from a surety company confirming the availability and value of bonding and a summary of claim history.
- Letter from an insurance company confirming the availability and value of insurance coverage.
- Written declaration of all staff and sub-contractors anticipated to be used on this project, including process, building mechanical, and electrical and controls sub-contractors.
The General Contractors that submit a pre-qualification package agree to allow the Township of Tay and their Consulting Engineer to conduct any and all further investigations they deem necessary to fully evaluate the Pre-qualification Submissions, including contacting all references, surety and insurance companies.
Pre-qualification Submissions will be received via mail, courier or e-mail at the Consulting Engineer's office noted below, up to Friday March 20, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (local time).
Submissions received after the closing deadline will not be accepted. The Township of Tay reserves the right to select and approve only those General Contractors that they deem in its sole discretion to be suitable, qualified and capable of completing the project. The Township of Tay reserves the right to reject any or all submissions.
Township of Tay 450 Park Street
Victoria Harbour, ON LOK 2A0 Tel: 705-534-7248
Tatham Engineering Limited
115 Sandford Fleming Drive, Suite 200 Colling wood, ON L9Y 5A6
Attention: Andre Moura, P.Eng . Tel: 705-444-2565 Ext. 2060
E-mail: amoura@tathameng .com