Ontario Construction News staff writer
With the implementation of prompt payment legislation sweeping across jurisdictions and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic disrupting schedules, the onus falls on project owners, managers and builders to effectively manage risk, avoid costly litigation, and ensure the best outcome for stakeholders. Is your organization prepared to effectively manage its project contracts amid uncertainties?
The Canadian Institute will host the 13th annual Managing Risk in Construction Contracts & Projects virtual conference February 25 and 26, 2021.
Canada’s leading project managers, risk specialists, and counsel for a dynamic event designed to bolster your team’s contracting and managerial skills and mitigate risk are expected to attend again this year.
Here’s what’s new for 2021:
- Deconstructing Construction Law Reforms: Practical Solutions for Adopting a Prompt Paymen Regime with Perspectives from Across the Country
- Strategies for Preventing, Mitigating and Eliminating Environmental Risks in Construction Projects – Transit as a Case Study
- Think Tank on Project Management and Defending Against Delays and Impact-Related Claims in a COVID Era
- Ethics 101: Critical Issues to Consider in Selecting Your Joint Venture Partner and Managing Relations
- Spotlight on Collaborative Contracting Models and Lessons Learned from Current IPD Projects
- Surety Bonds & What You Need to Know to Avoid Insolvency Issues
The event is designed for in-house counsel, risk managers, private legal practitioners, administrators, engineers and architects, construction managers and consultants and procurement specialists.
“Grasp this opportunity to join construction companies, public sector players and infrastructure stakeholders from east to west on an interactive virtual platform,” the event website says.
Some of this year’s highlights:
- Deep Dive into the Ins and Outs of Construction Liens & Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- Ontario Paves the Way: Update on Prompt Payment and Adjudication One Year Later and What Other Provinces Can Expect
- Surety Bonds & What You Need to Know to Avoid Insolvency on Your Construction Projects
- Innovation in Project Management and Use of Technology in Legal Services to Create Efficiencies and Security
- Ethical Issues in Joint Venture Representations and Damages Prevention
Also, download a free webinar titled: Emerging Contract Performance Liability and Litigation Amid COVID-19 Restrictions.
The webinar will help participants “decipher how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your construction projects and where there may be risk of liability and litigation from government directives and social distancing to ensuring worker safety and assessing contract delays.”
View the Agenda & Register online and use the code D10-397-397EX09 to save 10 per cent.