The 2020 Town of Caledon budget includes a proposed dedication of more than $43 million to roads and roadwork – $6.3 million is a direct capital expenditure, and the remainder will depend on funding sources including the federal gas tax, grants and development charges.
The following is a list of roads will be fixed in 2020, should the suggestions of town staff be approved.
Surface Treatment Program – Project budget $1 million
- The Grange Sideroad from Mississauga Rd. to Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Shaws Creek Rd. from Bush St. to Olde Base Line.
- Duffy’s Lane from Hwy 9 to Finnerty Sideroad.
- Finnerty Sideroad from Hwy 50 to The Gore Rd.
- Finnerty Sideroad from Airport Rd. to Innis Lake Rd.
- Heritage Rd. from Cassidy Lane to end.
- Columbia Way from Mount Hope Rd. to Mount Wolfe Rd.
Asphalt Roads Maintenance Program – Project budget $2 million. Tax funding $1 million
- Castlederg Sideroad from Mount Pleasant Rd. to Mount Wolfe Rd.
- Winston Churchill Blvd. from Beech Grove Sideroad to Highpoint Sideroad.
- Mount Hope Rd. from Castlederg Sideroad to Columbia Way.
- Bramalea Rd. from Boston Mills Rd. to King St.
- Columbia Way from Mount Hope Rd. to Hwy 50.
Gravel Resurfacing Program – Project budget $300,000. Tax funding $0.
- Centreville Creek Rd. from Hwy 9 to Patterson Sideroad.
- Beech Grove Sideroad from Hwy 10 to Airport Rd.
- Boston Mills Rd. from Airport Rd. to Hwy 10.
Roads Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program – Project budget $6.5 million. Tax funding $0.
- Mississauga Rd. from Beechgrove Sideroad to Queen St. W.
- Patterson Sideroad from Innis Lake Rd. to Centreville Creek Rd.
- Creditview Rd. from Boston Mills Rd. to Kennedy Rd.
- Castlederg Sideroad from Airport Rd. to Innis Lake Rd.
Growth-related Roads Program – Project budget $3.2 million. Tax funding $640,791.
- Old School Road from McLaughlin Rd. to Rail Line.
- Old School Road from Rail Line to Hurontario St.
- Old School Road from Heritage Rd. to Mississauga Rd.
McLaughlin Road widening – Project budget $22.8 million. Tax funding $0.
- McLaughlin Rd. from Mayfield Rd. to 1,700 metres north.
Post Winter Roads Program – Project budget $500,000. Tax funding $0.
Staff have proposed this amount to act effectively as a reserve account for any roads that do not survive the winter weather.
Roads Engineering Design and Environmental Assessment – Project budget $6.8 million. Tax funding $4.6 million.
This project will get a comprehensive list of roads “shovel ready” in case the town come into more funding.