Ontario Construction News staff writer
Total construction and real estate industry merger and aquisition deals in this year’s second quarter worth $5.93 billion have been announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 46.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.07 billion.
China held a 26.9% share of the global construction and real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $22.04 billion in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 74 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 64.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 32.1% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five construction and real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- CITIC Trust’s $994.26 million acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management
- The $666.41 million acquisition of Jinke Property Group by Guangdong Hongmin Enterprise Management Consulting
- Dalian Jiaguan Guangcheng Corporate Management Centre’s $426.59 million acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Realty and DevelopmentLimited
- The $409.86 million acquisition of Hainan Guoshan Industrial, Hainan Guoxu Industrial and Hainan Hangpeng Industrial by Hainan Development Holdings Real Estate Group
- Dalian Yida Service ConsultancyLimited’s acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Property ServiceLimited for $359.01 million.