Ontario Construction News staff writer
The Lean Construction Institute of Canada (LCIC) is accepting speaker submissions for the 2020 National LCIC Conference in Winnipeg from April 29 and 30, 2020. There is also a training day planned for April 28.
This educational event is attended by members of all sectors of the Canadian construction industry – including owners, designers, consultants, contractors, trades, suppliers, as well as those from other sectors, such as insurers and lawyers. The conference is intended to further promote Lean practice in Canada and foster a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
LCIC is looking for Lean-oriented presentations about the construction industry that will prove both educational and entertaining to attendees. “We are open to all proposals, but please review the list below for some presentation on the following topics,” the group says in a statement:
- Introduction to Lean for owners
- The analytical case for Lean
- How to get Lean into different contract types
- Implementing Lean beyond contractual obligations
- Contractor’s profitability through Lean
- How Lean can affect the project outcome
- Risk, liability, and professional obligations for designers utilizing Lean practices
Conference sessions are 60 minutes, while training day sessions run full and half days.
The deadline for submission proposals is Dec. 11, 2019.
All presentation submissions must include:
- Speaker bio – a short biography of the speaker (maximum 250 words)
- Session name – a descriptive title of the presentation (maximum 10 words)
- Session type – either training day or conference
- Session description – a brief description of the presentation for marketing materials (40 to 60 words)
- Program abstract – a summary of the presentation (approximately 250 words)
- Key learning objectives – at least three lessons attendees will take away from the presentation
- Speaking references – two references for the speaker or links to videos of previous presentations
- Target audience – beginner, intermediate, and/or advanced
Click here to submit a proposal.