Ontario Construction News staff writer
The Niagara Home Builders’ Association (NHBA) introduced the 2021/2022 board of directors during a virtual Annual General Meeting last week.
Outgoing President Tony Alfieri addressed the virtual audience, thanking the current board for their dedication to the association, and expressed that they are moving in a positive direction, with many new initiatives being proposed for the upcoming term.
“It has been a rewarding journey to have served as NHBA President for almost three years” Alfieri said. “Together we have experienced a piece of history, and I thank our board and all NHBA members for entrusting me to lead this association during these challenging circumstances”
David Samis from Phelps Homes Ltd. will serve as president for the for 2021/2022 term, along with Richard Lawrence, Cotton Inc. as vice-president and Paul Savoia, Niagara Pines Developments, as second vice-president.
They are joined by:
- Tony Alfieri (Past President) – Windrush Hill Construction
- Mark Basciano – Mountainview Building Group
- Ed Lucchetta – Lucchetta Homes
- John Passero – SilverLine/Silvergate Homes
- Isabella Burt – DRT Custom Homes
- Mike Crough – IBI Group
- Gerry Ducharme – Regional Doors & Hardware
- Yvonne Hendriks – Homes by Hendriks
- Joe Katzman – Dufferin Concrete
- Kelly Anderson (non-voting member) – Silvergate Homes
- Sheryl L Johnson (non-voting member) – Sullivan Mahoney LLP
- Geri Morrone (non-voting member) – Meridian Credit Union
- Jeff Murrell (non-voting member) – Niagara College
- John Musso (non-voting member) – Mountainview Building Group
“As I enter my presidency, I am confident we will continue to drive this Association upward and forward,” Samis said.
The NHBA Board includes builder and non-builder representation.