Ontario Construction News staff writer
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) Ontario chapter has announced its new board of directors, which will begin serving in September.
The association represents marketing and business development individuals in the architectural, engineering and construction community.
SMPS says new directors will include:
- Director of Communications Celenia Serrano, senior marketing proposal specialist, Kasian Architecture, Interior Design and Planning
- Director of Education and Certification: Jack Leonetti, director of marketing and strategic initiatives, Gillam Group Inc.
- President-Elect: Kendra deVries-Mulhern, marketing lead – Global Growth Markets, Golder
They will join the these current board members:
- President: Russell Pollard, principal, Framework Leadership
- Immediate Past-President: Pelin Yeter-McKinnon, business development manager, Hariri Pontarini Architects
- Treasurer: Laura Sellors, partner, Entro
- Director of Membership: Nate Simpson, business development manager, LRI Engineering Inc.
- Secretary: Allie Bell, proposal manager, A.W. Hooker Associates
Daniel McKague, director of business development and proposals with Smith + Andersen, is retiring from the Board of Directors. He has been a member of the Board for three years, most recently serving as immediate past-president.
“SMPS Ontario provides relevant learning opportunities for A/E/C marketers that do not exist elsewhere,” McKague said in a statement.”As marketing and business development efforts continue to become more sophisticated, the importance of this organization can’t be understated.
“I’m glad to have participated in the growth and development of the chapter over the past few years, and I am excited to see the improvements, enthusiasm, and outstanding programming and content the new board brings.”
Also retiring from the board is Meagan DeCarlo, marketing and proposal specialist at Alberici Constructors. She has been responsible for SMPS Ontario programming over the past two years, as Director of Education and Certification.
“Over the past two years, I have been lucky to be a board member of SMPS Ontario with a special, talented and hard-working group of individuals,” she said.“I am proud to have led our programming committee to deliver strong, sold-out events every month, and I look forward to all the amazing events the new board is working on.”
SMPS is the only marketing organization dedicated to creating business opportunities in the A/E/C industry. The SMPS Ontario Board of Directors is responsible for setting the chapter’s direction.